Friday 3 June 2011

Alcohol, Drugs, and MS

Wake Up:
1 Pill- to stay sane
1 Pill- to fight the pain
Breakfast
1 Pill-to help digest
1 Pill-to fight the nausea
1 Pill- to get digested food out
1 Pill-to fight the pain
Lunch
1 Pill- to help digest
1 Pill - to help the pain
Dinner
1 Pill- to help digest
1 Pill- to get the food out
1 Pill- to help the pain
1 Pill- to Sleep
Every other day: 1 subcutaneous shot
Every Fourth and Fifth Day: Extra Pill at night- to stay sane
As Needed- Stronger Pain Pills, Muscle Relaxers and Even Stronger Pain Pills

These are medication instructions for someone who has the brain damage of an elderly stroke victim.
On the bright side I am one of the lucky ones that has the medical insurance to afford this medication. Without
health insurance interferon can cost up to $3,000 per month... PER MONTH! Currently, I have four months worth of medication
in our house. It is hands down the most expensive thing that we own. Literally worth more than our car. When our house was broken
into last year, one of the first things that we checked was whether or not they got the meds. He did not, ironically he is a drug addict. Boy did he miss out...

Research has found that the interferon helps cut down MS attacks by one third. The interesting aspect of these findings
is that they (being the medical researchers, doctors, or company that manufactures it) have no idea why this medication is effective.
So the main medication that I am taking works, but no one can tell me why or how it works. It was stumbled upon by simply medical accident.
But if I use it regularly, it works and that is all that they can tell me. According to my MRI, it does work... kind of... they think... as I have less active lesions than I did before...
So yay... My body is killing my brain only a little more slowly. Who wants to buy the champagne?

You also may be wondering where the alcohol fits it, well I use that to clean the area before I shoot myself.

My favorite jokes:

I need to go home to shoot myself.
My husband shoots me when I am too tired.
Every husband wishes they could shoot their wife...

On the dark side (yeah, that works I guess), my urine has more chemicals in it than the Gulf of Mexico.
Surprised that it does not require a hazmat team...
Every four months I have to get my thyroid, liver, a full blood panel done. This medication can put a strain on the organs that are actually healthy and working.

I am just glad that they have not fully legalized medical marijuana as that would be truly dangerous. It has shown to slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases, with the terrible side of effect of being a complete pain reliever. Vicodin is much better, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment