Thursday 16 June 2011

Why Merlin Should be the Poster Child for MS instead of Paris "creepy eye" Hilton.

This is a quick essay as to why I would rather have Merlin be the poster child for MS instead of Paris Hilton. I mean isn't it bad enough that we have the disease... come on! If I can get some votes I will turn this into a more formal request.


Whether you have read the more intellectual L'morte d'Arthur or seen the brutalization by Disney in The Sword in the Stone, you are familiar with the story of Arthur. If not here is a quick rundown of the story.

Arthur Good. Will get Excalibur to unit Camelot into a wondrous utopia.
Merlin Magic. Will use Magic to help Arthur make wondrous utopia.
Morgana Bad. Will learn Magic from Merlin to crap on the wondrous utopia.

Magical Merlin can also see into the future, this gifts has its pros and cons. Pro, he is can SEE INTO THE FRIGGIN FUTURE. Con, he sees how he going to meet is end and there is nothing that he can do to change it. So in the end Magical Merlin will be imprisoned in a cave by Magical Morgana for all eternity.

This a bastardization not even suitable for Cliff's Notes, as this is just one small piece of the Arthur folklore. A piece, that for some unknown reason, I am able to readily relate to.

MS can be this same gaze into our future. I started to create my cave the moment I heard those two fucking letters. The room darkened, words were being said but not understood, and one image started playing over and over in my mind. This is how it would all end. I could just stop now. I began to feel as if I was already there, sealed and forgotten for all of eternity. I mean that is what Merlin did, right?

Ummmm... No, because Merlin is a friggin Badass. Even though he could not change his fate, he could change the world around him. Then when he finally went down, he went down fighting...

Does this last part sound familiar to anyone else?

MERLIN FOR MS MASCOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment